We’ve always been ambitious when it comes to the work we do, and the worlds we move in. We always push the possibilities, constantly exploring new ways of doing things and using our creativity to make a difference. To push this exploration further, we’re growing our strategic capabilities to ensure that we can continue to make sense of the complex and ambiguous nature of our client's challenges, and provide the clarity we need to move the business forward.
To that end, we’re looking for an experienced design strategist to join our team. The ideal candidate will bring with them the know-how to help shape projects and bring a clear view into the brand experience, skillfully navigating brand architecture and experiential issues to consistently deliver quality work that exceeds client expectations. The ideal candidate will become the go-to experience expert on the team, with a hands-on attitude and versatile approach to work. You are willing to dive deep in to the brand experience and ensure that the insights and recommendations that we develop have a tangible impact for our clients, providing real-world perspectives based on user-centric insights, in a constantly changing and evolving world.
In short; you are able to develop a deep understanding of a client’s business, generate insights, and translate those into a plan of action for the wider design team. We are looking for individuals who can quickly ramp-up on new industries and business models, define client goals, their competition, and their target audiences, as well as deliver valuable product recommendations that will transform brands.
What we're looking for
- Someone to help setup and building out the strategy team
- Partnering with our data team, brand strategists and brand designers internally and client-side
- A strong cultural fit; someone who can slot into the Wonderland team and amplify it with their own personality
- Leading aspects of new work requirements and helping to win us further new business
- Identifying where strategic work would add value to new/existing projects, and with our internal projects
- Build your leadership skills so that you can shape and guide other team members
- Push the boundaries—always seek to push the work further, have the ability to understand the core issue and trust your judgement. You will take the initiative to gain further insights from multiple mediums.
- 4+ years of design experience in digital strategy branding, advertising, or other related fields
- Be confident collaborating and presenting experience strategy to clients and teams, doing so in a compelling way that will help them see new perspectives and unlock new opportunities.
- Have a wide range of strategy experience and design tools, skills, and methods to help you manage and deal with ambiguous and complex client challenges, and be able to bring your ideas to life with tangible demonstrations, and mock-ups.
- Be inventive, imaginative, and determined to discover or create new ideas to make our work impactful and transformative.
- Turn research learnings into tangible and exciting insights that stretches thinking and points to new opportunities.
- Lead ideation sessions with a cross functional team to turn your research into actionable ideas.Help craft strategic deliverables, including value propositions, strategy, insights, and ideas.
- Be an EPIC addition to our team, bringing your own personality and unique way of thinking to the table and adding some quality banter to our daily lunches.
At WONDERLAND our quality of work, creativity and team culture are all equally important. We want to get to know you, what you can bring to the role and how you would fit into our team.
To apply please send your CV, portfolio (if applicable) and your answer to 3 of the below questions to email@example.com with the email subject of 'Design Strategist + your name'.
- What is the coolest thing you have ever done?
- What’s one of your favourite travel stories?
- How do people describe you?
- What is your ultimate day-off agenda?
- Describe your dream job.
- Tell us about a situation when you took a risk to achieve a goal, either personal or professional.
- What was the outcome & what did you learn?
- What’s your favourite thing about Amsterdam?
- Who inspires you and why?
- If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be and why?