Us & You
At Wonderland we’re on a meaningfull mission to create impact on our world through creativity and design. We're are all about creating highly conceptual and visual designs that strive for the WOW. Our products are innovative and packed with purpose and personality and we’re proud of the independent, award-winning, innovative studio that we have become and we’ve still got a lot of growing to do. We are looking for a fun, motivated, multi-disciplined lead designer to work with our international team at Wonderland.
We like to think Wonderland is all about the next generation of digital design. That means, when it comes to our future, it’s in your hands and we want you to shine with us. You will have the chance to work on a variety of digital projects with credible clients.
The role works closely with your own design team and other teams (development & operations) to execute an idea with the highest standards possible but also within the available budget and schedule. You have a great eye for top notch branding and you know how to translate a brand system into a digital design system. This role is required to work independently and within a team and is required to be collaborative, communicative and respectful of other’s ideas and expressions.
The ideal person
- Has proven experience building high-quality brand identities and has good knowlegde of interactive digital experiences.
- Leading the design process on projects and taking responsibility for working with the rest of the team.
- Is a natural leader and has experiencing mentoring a team of designers
- You articulate and visualize inspiring design directions that guide teams with clarity.
- Commitment to design excellence and exceptional polish and attention to detail.
- Has 7+ years experience and/or has led design teams before.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams (Brand & UI/UX) in creating best-in-class digital experiences
- You’ll be responsible for Brand Design and UI/UX Design, with the opportunity to expand the team to own other functions including Brand Strategy, UX Design and more.
- Delegate work within the team and oversee design directions from initial concept through to completion and delivery.
- Make sure the brief is fulfilled and be able to present and communicate creatively with the client.
- Oversee and manage the design team with feedback and leadership.
- Insanely passionate about design culture and driven to build Wonderlands culture even further.
- Motion Design (After effects or C4D)
- Use of Figma
- We prefer relocation to Amsterdam but remote is also good.
At WONDERLAND our quality of work, creativity and team culture are all equally important. We want to get to know you, what you can bring to the role and how you would fit into our team.
To apply please send your CV, portfolio (if applicable) and your answer to 3 of the below questions to email@example.com with the email subject of 'Brand Designer + your name'.
- What is the coolest thing you have ever done?
- What’s one of your favourite travel stories?
- How do people describe you?
- What is your ultimate day-off agenda?
- Describe your dream job.
- Tell us about a situation when you took a risk to achieve a goal, personal or professional.
- What was the outcome & what did you learn?
- What’s your favourite thing about Amsterdam?
- Who inspires you and why?
Our interview process typically consists of 3 stages. Stage 1 is the initial interview on your application and the role. Stage 2 is a test of your skills for the role. And in stage 3 you will meet with extended members of the team to see your fit within our team.